Nine Again.

Today, I want to be nine again. I want to live life without consequence, live life in utter fulfillment.
I want to play in the rain, laugh at the silliest of things, and color outside the lines.
I want a milk mustache, a chocolate one preferably, I want to hula hoop until my legs fall off, and run barefoot through the leafy green grass.




Ah, to be nine again. To let loose, minus the insecurities, to fall in love with the boy who eats the sandbox sand, the one who likes the way the glue feels peeling off the tips of his fingers, and is king of the tether ball court.
To be friends again, and not cliques.
To jump rope, to hand ball, and giggling at the boys and their cooties, to overcoming hopscotch and your ultimate fear of dodge ball.
To come home to moms homemade "pasghetti"
To cartoons and clouds, endless adventure and curiosity
To sisters and brothers and cousins.
To Bonnie and Clyde in the back yard, to club houses and blanket forts made out of chairs, brooms and vacuums 
  To Sega and Nintendo, to Easter Egg Hunts and eating at the kids table, to tree climbing and bone breaking.
              To losing and winning, laughing and crying and to mom who made it all better with a kiss.
                                                                 To be nine again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wake me up when it's over.

Days like you.

The fall.