Destination sleep.


It's nearly 4 am. My mothers home is completely silent. All that is heard are the sounds of the clock ticking, and my fingers pounding the keyboard's keys. It's nearly 4 am, why am I even awake? Curse you late night coffee cravings! How I loathe you, and love you dearly...


 My eyelids are starting to get heavy, and the sun starting to peer through the cracks of the Western Hemisphere.I've come to realize that staying up this late, or early (depending on which way you see it) is simply no good. It's trouble I tell  you. You think reading about it's bad? My unwilling awakeness (yes I know that's not a  real word) has driven me across this lonely planet.  Literally, to  lonelyplanet.com. I find myself perusing through South America, Egypt, then finally Laos.


                                   Laos. My love.



 My secret dream destination. I catch myself there for what seems like an hour, but is probably more. In awe of the beauty captured in one single snapshot. I picture the post photo scenes, I picture the hostels and the people occupying them, laughing, dancing, sharing their adventurous tales, and falling in love. Without a worry in the world. The article I'm reading which you can find here http://www.lonelyplanet.com/laos ends like so "After all, half the fun of traveling here is in the travel itself – the people you meet, chickens you share seats with, wrong turns you take and lào-láo you drink with the smiling family at the end of the road less traveled."  Oh the adventures that have yet to come, I think, I smirk, then feel like a complete fool because,  I'm awake at 4 am perusing through photos of  Laos, while the world sleeps. Fool indeed.

My attention then becomes drawn to a pop-up 'Book cheap flights today!' It proclaims. They had me at cheap. Where to first? Laos, Cairo, Nicaragua perhaps? I feel daring today, and I chose Laos. One way please. And I'll be leaving mid-November, thank you! 'Searching for your flight' the site cheerily states, it configures up a whopping 1300 USD. "Oh yeah real cheap!" I mutter. My hopes drop and my mouse clicks out.

                                          Tomorrow night, I'll go to bed early.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wake me up when it's over.

Days like you.

The fall.