Giza.

I am sitting on the bus. The roads here, aren't paved, it's been a harsh and enduring ride, my head, resting against sweat stained windows, my eyes closed, though I'm not asleep. I am partaking in this moment, this dream. A day I have dreamed of since I was eight years old. And since, this is all I've ever really wanted. No luxurious cars, dazzling diamond rings, or white picket fences.

                       


I hear faint voices of fellow passengers, talking amongst themselves, tourists mostly, excited an anticipating our destination. As I am. And suddenly the bus jolts to a stop, I open my eyes as we pull in through wooden gates, where guards have let us pass. We're finally here.  My heart races,though I hesitate in getting up, this all seems so terribly unreal, and if it is I hope to never wake. Two women push their way out the door, and I follow, still hesitant.  One foot in front of the other I think, stepping down the rickety, worn steps. With dirt crunching beneath my feet and the smell of camel droppings lingering in the air, a sudden silence falls over the moment. I look up, to see the reason for such silence. And at this one moment tears begin to start streaming down my cheeks, and I'm am unaware of it until I taste a salty reminder, on the crest of my lips. A sight so unfathomable, you can't capture it's true justice through photos, or even words. I am in complete awe, and I don't want to move, speak or even breath. I want time to stop in its tracks, because this, is absolute beauty, absolute happiness, success, clarity and disarray.
My life feels so...I can't even form words to explain...





Then I hear it. Reality questions "Excuse me Miss, isn't this your stop?" My focus is gone, I turn to realize where I really am, on the bus...to school that is.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wake me up when it's over.

Days like you.

Day 104: The Last Dance