If you love something, let it go?


I've spent six days in Chiapas so far. Yet it feels more like a lifetime.  I've fallen in love with the people, the sites and the place as a whole. There have been many times this week that I have thought of leaving and going off to Palenque, Guatemala or even back to Cancun, and I simply can't bear the thought of leaving San Cristobal, Chiapas. It's taken all of my heart. I am like a hopeless teenager in love. A lump begins to form in my throat even thinking of leaving.

The past few days I've spent seeing the city of San Cristobal de las Casas and all it has to offer, dancing terribly to Salsa music with friends, broiling up new things in the kitchen each day, walking through endless miles of markets and just simply seizing the day. Each day seems to linger on longer than the next, and I am simply "conteno" as they put it. 

Palenque, Chiapas

Yet, I have booked a one way once again. Tomorrow I will be on my way to Palenque. A five hour bus ride away from all that I love and adore. Already I'm getting this feeling of heartbreak, of fear. The kind of feeling I got when I'd left home for this trip. Truly San Cristobal has become home, so suddenly.

I will spend three to four days in Palenque, camping underneath the stars, and beside the ruins, then after who knows where. Possibly Guatemala, Belize, I hear Costa Rica is cheap! Or even back to San Cristobal, back home. Whether I follow a path to Guatemala or take a ferry to Costa Rica.  As cliche as it sounds, I'm certain of only one thing.

San Cristobal de las Casas will always hold a little piece of my heart. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wake me up when it's over.

Days like you.

The fall.