So this is love?

Oventik,Chiapas
  As I write now, I see the city lights beneath me, and hear songs of love strumming on the guitar beside me. I've fallen in love. And so quickly, I'm almost ashamed. 

Mornings are spent walking through markets that go on for days and days, afternoons are spent lounging in the kitchen, sharing stories and laughing with the locals and foreigners alike and our nights, our nights are ours to dance away. To laugh, to sing, and fall in love.  

 An innocent kind of love. A “can I hold your hand?” kind of love. A love you can't comprehend until you've lived it. 

In leaving Cancun, I'd thought I was leaving paradise, but in coming to Chiapas, I've realized I hadn't experienced paradise until just then. True paradise is not; beaches, snorkeling, and beautiful faces. True paradise is finding beauty in a place. Seeing prosperity and poverty, the indigenous and the tourist both dwelling as one. I can hardly put to words why I've fallen so hard. But I suppose that's how love leaves you.

       Speechless. 


Comments

  1. Are you talking about a place or a man? Im not sure!
    mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Days like you.

More than an outbreak.

Wake me up when it's over.