Countdown: 5 days


Only five more torturous days until I leave for Mexico. The days seem to be getting longer and longer. Don't get me wrong; this torture isn't family or friend related. It' more of an inner battle. A battle I just haven't been able to win. Day after day I find myself without.... If I go on any further I feel I will have revealed too much now. I'm holding back. Just know that.

Is this my quarter life crisis sneaking up on me again?What am I doing and where do I want to go with it? Fink's "This is the thing" is playing in the background and I feel like breaking down. Into a million little pieces. 

Right now all I look forward to is waking up to the waves crashing beside me and a warm cup of Pocna's café con leche. Snorkeling beneath Tulum's beautiful waves and soaking up some cancerous Caribbean sun. I can't help but to recall 2009's trip. A four week trip that took me throughout Tulum, Cancun and Isla Mujeres. And in coming home I had slipped into a state of depression. A yearning for everything I'd left back in Mexico. A depression which took a lonnngg time to get over. If I ever did. 

I suppose today is just one those days. One of those days I can't help but breaking down for no reason whatsoever. For everything I've been holding in. Here's to 1 less day. And five more to go.




-Nico 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wake me up when it's over.

Days like you.

The fall.