Countdown: 2 Days


Early this morning It had come to my mind that I had actually bought a ticket to Cancun. Err. Well while last year was all talk; with me ranting on and on about how I was going, packing up my stuff, with money in hand...I had somehow always ended up staying, with a new tattoo or a laptop to fill it's void. This year I've started my own quiet war. Spontaneously buying the ticket, telling absolutely no one until a few days before and still, I have not packed a single thing. This lump of fear rose in my throat while thinking of being out in the big bad world without familiar faces. Mostly without mom to save me. Oh gosh did I just admit that?

A recap of my trip in 2009. When I had landed in Cancun the first thing I did was write one of my best friends, crying to her about how much I wanted to be home and how crazy I was thinking I could actually stay there for four weeks! After being in Cancun for a few days I had grown to love the place, the people and everything surrounding. After 4 weeks, I never wanted to leave! I thought 4 weeks just isn't long enough!
This is certain to happen again. Trust me.

To make things even crazier; my airline of choice (Expedia) calls me up this afternoon telling me my flight has been cancelled due to this, this, and that. My initial reaction is okay, so now I have an excuse for backing out. Until the lady on the other line asks if I'd like to change my flight to an earlier date or a later date. And as much as I know I'll miss home, and cry and kick and shout...I tell her "Give me the earlier flight doll." Or something like that. So here's to skipping a whole day. One less day of anticipation, and excitement. But mostly, one less day of wanting to chicken out.

One less day of missing home; while I'm still at home...



Nico


.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wake me up when it's over.

Days like you.

More than an outbreak.